In this topic:
The MySciLEARN bookmark lets students open Safari and log in to MySciLEARN on iPad.
- To switch from a mobile app to a Safari program, students will need to return to the iPad Home screen, and then start a new session in Safari. —Students will need some instruction
- To switch from a Safari program to a mobile app, students can tap the program graphic while still in Safari, which will prompt the student to open the mobile app for that program. —Students will be guided through this process
For basic steps on starting a new session, see Fast ForWord student sessions on iPad.
Switch from a mobile app to Safari
Students will need some instruction
- While in one of the Flash-based mobile apps, press the Home button on iPad.
- Tap the MySciLEARN bookmark on the Home page to open Safari.
- Log in to the Student Exercises and start the HTML5-based components.
Switch from Safari to a mobile app
Students will be guided through this process
- While in one of theHTML5-based components in Safari, tap the Exit button to return to the Student Exercises page in Safari.
- Tap the graphic for the program you want to work on next.
- Tap Open at the top of the web page to start the Flash-based mobile apps.
- Log in to the Student Exercises and start the program.
In Safari, when a student taps a program graphic to switch to one of the Flash-based mobile apps, Safari shows a web page with a banner at the top that lets them open or install the app:
If the app is not installed on the device. Tap an icon to download it from the App Store. Students may need help with this step.
If the banner does not appear on an app page. Sometimes the browser will hide this banner. Try swiping down. If it still doesn’t show up, it’s possible that the student dismissed it. To restore the banner on iPad, go to Settings, Safari and clear history and website data. Students will likely need help with this step.