In this topic:
About iPad setup
IMPORTANT! For the best experience on iPad, we strongly recommend completing these steps before your
Because Reading Assistant Plus works in Safari, it does not come with an bookmark for the Home screen. Good news: we’ve made one for you! The MySciLEARN bookmark links directly to the Student Login page in Safari. The
Follow these steps to add the MySciLEARN bookmark to the Home screen. Or watch the video below.
- In Safari, go to the Student Login page: www.myscilearn.com/learner
- Choose your school or district, if it does not already appear on the Student Login page. See Log in on iPad.
- Tap the Share button in the toolbar.
- Scroll to the right and choose Add to Home Screen.
- Tap Add to confirm.
Note: Video playback is not supported on mobile digital devices at this time.
To delete the legacy Reading Assistant app from iPad:
- On the Home screen, lightly touch and hold the Reading Assistant app until it jiggles.
- Tap the X in the upper-left corner of the Reading Assistant app.
- Tap Delete to confirm.
Set iPad Display Auto-Lock to 15 minutes
As a protection mechanism, iPad is designed to automatically go into sleep mode and lock the screen when idle. During some of the Reading Assistant Plus activities in which the
To set iPad Auto-Lock to 15 minutes:
- Go to Settings > Display & Brightness.
- Tap Auto-Lock, then choose 15 Minutes.