Instructors must be associated with a student to work with that student. District managers and school managers can use this option to associate students with an instructor. Here are some examples of when to use this feature:
- When a new instructor is added
- When students are imported from a file and the instructor was not known at the time of import
- When a student is transferred from another school, or graduates and enters a new classroom
- When a student uses the program in more than one class
Perform this task for one or more students using the More Actions menu on the Students page, or for an individual student from that student’s profile. The instructor must already exist in the school. To learn more see About staff.
- In mySciLEARN Manage section, click the Students tab to access the Students page.
- Perform one of the following tasks:
- Locate the student in the students list.
See The students list.
- Click the student’s name to open that student’s profile.
- In the School Staff section, click Associate with Instructor.
- Select your school from the Browse by School list, if needed.
- Select your group from the Filter by Group list.
- From the More Actions menu, select Associate Student with Instructor.
- Select an instructor from the School Staff menu. To select multiple instructors, hold the Shift or Ctrl keys while clicking the instructor names.
- Click Save.
For an individual student from a student’s profile:
For one or more students from the students list: