In this topic:
iPad setup depends on the Fast ForWord programs you plan to use:
Because the new HTML5-based programsFoundations series, Reading Readiness, Reading Assistant Plus, RPI work within the Safari browser, they do not come with a bookmark for the Home screen. Good news: we’ve made one for you! The MySciLEARN bookmark links directly to the Student Login page in Safari. The student can use it to open Safari, log in to MySciLEARN on iPad, and start using the new Fast ForWord programs on iPad.
Follow these steps to add the MySciLEARN bookmark to the Home screen. Or watch the video below.
- In Safari, go to the Student Login page www.myscilearn.com/learner
- Choose your school or district, if it does not already appear on the Student Login page. See Log in on iPad.
- Tap the Share button in the toolbar.
- Scroll to the right and choose Add to Home Screen.
- Tap Add to confirm.
Remove any outdated mobile apps
Feel free to delete any outdated mobile apps from this device, as needed:
- Language mobile app. Delete if the student is no longer going to use the Language to Reading v2 program on iPad
- RPI mobile app. Delete if the student is no longer going to use any Flash-based programsLiteracy series, Reading 1-5, Language series, Reading Readiness legacy on iPad
- Reading Assistant mobile app. This program is no longer supported
Deleting these apps will not delete student results.
- On the Home screen, lightly touch and hold the mobile app until it jiggles.
- Tap the X in the upper-left corner of the mobile app.
- Tap Delete to confirm.
The App Store℠ lets you download the mobile apps for the Language, Literacy, Reading, and RPI series programs directly to your iPad. Search for "Scientific Learning" to locate the apps, then follow the App Store instructions to download them. You can also find the apps on our iTunes® company page. The mobile apps are free, but each student will need a program license and an active online MySciLEARN account to use them (the RPI app also requires an active Support Package). Contact your school's system administrator if you need help with this task.
Download all of the mobile apps your students will be using. Students can open any of the apps to log in to MySciLEARN and access their assignments and the demos.
Because the HTML5-based programsFoundations series, Reading Readiness, Reading Assistant Plus, RPI use Safari, you don’t need to download a mobile app for them. However, download the RPI mobile app if you plan to use the Flash-based programsLiteracy series, Reading 1-5, Language series, Reading Readiness legacy on iPad.
Fast ForWord Reading
Reading Levels 1 - 5
Reading Progress Indicator (only needed for Flash-based programsLiteracy series, Reading 1-5, Language series, Reading Readiness legacy)
Update mobile apps
Once you've downloaded an app, the App Store will notify you when updates are available. You'll also be notified when you open that app as follows. Always update the app as soon as possible.
- Update Available – The student can continue using the program without updating, but update the app as soon as possible. You'll be reminded until you update the app.
- Update Required – The student cannot use the program until you update the app.
Before the student starts using the new HTML5-based programsFoundations series, Reading Readiness, Reading Assistant Plus, RPI on iPad, you’ll need to set up the student’s iPad for Safari.
IMPORTANT! For the best experience on iPad, we strongly recommend completing these steps before your students start the program.