When assigning a Fast ForWord program to a student, you can choose the protocol for that assignment.
A Fast ForWord product’s protocol determines which exercises are worked on in that product, how often those exercises are worked on, and the length of time spent working in each exercise on a given day. These protocols have been proven to help maximize the benefits of the products.
By default, each of the Fast ForWord programs presents two to three exercises each day, for a total of 30 minutes each day, five days a week. For those who require more flexibility, the software provides alternate protocols to meet different student requirements. For example, if your students have extra time each day to work on the Fast ForWord programs, a protocol with a longer daily participation time may be more appropriate. Choose from any of the available protocols (listed below).
Note that Reading Readiness uses only the 30-minute protocols.
- 30 minutes a day, 3 or 5 days a week
- 40 minutes a day, 3 or 5 days a week
- 50 minutes a day, 3 or 5 days a week
- 90 minutes a day, 3 or 5 days a week
Use the following topics to manage the Fast ForWord program protocols.
- Set protocol defaults for a school. Learn how to set the default protocols for all future Fast ForWord program assignments at the school (district managers and school managers only).
- Create Fast ForWord assignments. Learn how to set the protocol for a student or a group of students while assigning the Fast ForWord program.
- Edit Fast ForWord assignments. Learn how to change a protocol for an individual student's existing Fast ForWord assignment.
- Change the Fast ForWord protocol for a group. Learn how to change the protocol for multiple students and existing Fast ForWord assignments at one time.
For tips on how to determine which protocol will best meet the needs of your students, see Fast ForWord implementation guidelines in MySciLEARN Toolbox.