Available 5 am to 5 pm Pacific Time
Current Support issues
Get details on current & emerging technical support items.
- How to make student licenses available in mySciLEARN
- iPad - Sound not audible in Fast ForWord exercises
- iPad - Fast ForWord exercise icons not responding in Safari on iOS 13+
When you renew your Fast ForWord licenses, you will need to move your existing students from the old licenses to the new licenses so they can continue working. Please follow the steps below on the date your new licenses start.
Note: Site license users do not need to complete these steps.
- Login to www.myscilearn.com and go to the Manage page.
- Click the Schools tab.
- If you have one school, scroll to the bottom of the screen to see your licenses.
- If you have multiple schools, select the first school that needs to be updated and scroll to the bottom to see the licenses.
- Toward the end of the license period, your old licenses are either yellow or red and your new licenses are black. Make a note of the start date for the new licenses. This is the date you'll need to complete these steps, so you might need to come back to the Schools page later!
- Click the Manage button next to the Fast ForWord licenses.
- Click the dot to the left of the new license term under Fast ForWord Product License.
- Click in the dot to the left of the new current date term that appears under MSL Support Package (for selected product license) and click Apply.
- Repeat steps 3-5 for the Reading Assistant Plus licenses.
If you have more than one school, click List of All Schools in the upper left, select the next school, and repeat the entire process for each remaining school. Only district managers can see multiple schools.
- The Fast ForWord product is comprised of a suite of components. The Auto Assign feature places students in the recommended component based upon their performance in the Reading Progress Indicator (RPI) assessment and also takes into account the student's grade and SPED/ELL status.
- In rare cases a student's RPI score may not reflect their skill level and they may be placed into a component that is not the right fit. The initial assessment can be voided and taken again. You will also need to manually adjust the component placement.
- All new students start by taking the RPI assessment. mySciLEARN uses this pretest as a baseline for measuring reading level gains.
- When your students finish the first Fast ForWord assignment and subsequent assignments they will take a follow up assessment (Auto RPI assessment).
- These scores can be compared to the baseline RPI assessment to measure reading level gains since the beginning of the implementation, or compared year over year depending on the date range and Gains Report you select.
- The Auto RPI assessment gives you the most accurate picture of your students' reading level gains over time because it measures growth as a result of successfully completing each Fast ForWord assignment. However, there may be times when you need to manually trigger an RPI assessment. Assessments should not be administered more than three to four times per year.
- To administer a manual RPI, login to www.myscilearn.com, go to the Manage tab, and click the student needed. Click the Assign Manual RPI button at the top of the screen. When the student log in he or she will take the test. Learn more about manual RPI.